The run

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. The best part was that I didn’t look back. I ran from my home. I ran from what one would call as one's own. People who saw me said I was going to get lost. But for once in my life I wanted to get lost. I wanted to disappear.
One day you would too.
I ran. I ran as if no one was watching. I didn’t have to worry whether my feet were twisted or if my small toe was too big. I was running on a road called freedom.
Where it led, I hardly cared.
Would u?
I ran. I ran with frenzied madness. People said I was searching for something. I smiled and said I was. But the best part was that I wasn't and I had just found it. So I ran.
I ran. I ran as if I didn’t have anybody to beat. But a slight turn of my head destroyed my illusion of an ideal run. My opponents had changed. They seemed much faster but they made a lot of noise. The run was probably taking its toll on them. I smiled as I was not tired. They were not like me but they were still running. Running, for what, I wondered?
I think they were foolish as I heard one of them look at me and shout "Careful!! It’s a crazy cow. It might come under your car."
And I laughed.
Wouldn't u?

Inspired by the crazy cow competing with the bus.

No comments: