The ride

Unlike the crazy cow that was making for interesting viewing outside the bus, there was something 'desperate' that was happening right inside me.
It started of with a simple action( or inaction!!) that i indulged in at home. That coupled with the climate and the crowd inside the bus led to 'intense' circumstances later.
The adrenaline rush( with some other forces) started within 30mins of leaving the source city. It was like a needle slowly pricking and urging the desire. I daringly used Music as an antidote, oblivious to its effects on the human physiology. But Mr. Rehman's song motivated me to 'hold on'. The next hour or so was relatively easier to pass. I was convinced that i could wait till the destination. But thats when everything started changing. Plans went astray.
There came the stretch of road which was as bumpy as any ride that one would find in an amusement park. To top it all my music player was out of battery and i couldn't help but think about class 6 biology. Water now started boiling. It was slowly yet surely reaching the critical limit. Something had to be done. And so I decided to wait on and have faith.
Ironically now i had faith in the government bus service. I was almost sure that the driver would stop at one of the many bus-stations that come on the way. But today of all days he seemed to be in a hurry as the bus sped across one bus-stop after another or so it seemed. I looked around thinking of stuff that would have normally kept me busy for hours in normal circumstances but was of no help today. Finally i got up and started navigating my way towards the driver, with every intention of telling him to stop. I had conceded defeat.
I felt like Nadal in the wimbledon final who lost to federer after battling for close to 4 hours. Or was it Roddick. No Roddick lost early and went to see Sharapova's matches from the stands. She played well but lost to Williams. Venus went on to win as she had it easy against the big Bartoli. Bartoli seeded 18 defeated the formidable henin and put a break..... on the bus....
At last it had stopped. I hurried to the door as i could no longer wait. It was as one would say an urgent matter. And it had all started with a simple glass of water.

No comments: